Smart Gas Meter project in France
GRDF took a major step towards Smart Grids for smarter cities through a large scale deployment of the Smart Gas Meter.
Today, we are ready to enchance customer satisfaction, improve energy management and to optimize our distribution network! This massive project was also a starting point of The Wize Alliance, a major association between industrials and utility companies that promotes an international standard for the Industrial Internet of Things.
- 6 million meters installed on French territory (mid 2020)
- 150 000 meters installed/month
- Respect of rollout planning
- Daily consumption collection rate > 95%
- Positive qualitative feedbacks on energy savings, quantitative studies to come in 2021
- 140 third parties showing interest in consumption data API
- A good global acceptance from the main stakeholders